Thursday 6 August 2009

My Wedding Photography



This is a blog, exclusively for my wedding photography. (http://www.fragmentsphotography.co.uk/) I will add wedding photos and wedding photography related stuff. I don't really know what that might include but I do get a lot of emails from people wanting advise about becoming wedding photographers, so I can relate some of my opinions and perhaps some comments about technique, and maybe a little about the equipment I use, although this probably will be very little as I'm not one of those photographers . Nikon is better than Canon though!! Only joking, it's that kind of thing that I want to avoid, I find it very dull. That's not to say that the equipment isn't important though. A Nikon DSLR will do the same job as a Canon DSLR or any other DSLR for that matter. A rangefinder will do a different job and a large format 5x4 will do a different job again. This is where the difference between equipment is apparent, not between Nikon or Canon.

I'll just say a little bit about the kind of wedding photography I do for those of you who don't know. I'm a wedding photojournalist, as opposed to a formal wedding photographer. I photograph a wedding in much the same way as I would document any other event, event is perhaps misleading because although a wedding is undoubtedly an event, sometimes when nothing is happening is the best time to shoot, producing the best images.
This is one of the things that distinguishes a professional from an amateur photographer. You will often see people reaching for there cameras to photograph an event, cake cutting for example, but then they put the camera down again.

I do not put my camera down during a whole wedding, this is sometimes 14 or 15 hours. This doesn't mean I am shooting the whole time but it does mean I am looking the whole time.



No comments:

Post a Comment